Title: Lead Designer
Location: San Francisco, CA
We are currently looking for a Lead Designer & Co-Founder to provide sound visual & UI design leadership to our business. You will communicate with employees, stakeholders, and customers to design visually aesthetic and functional solutions for gaming content creators.
What We’re Looking For:
- A remarkable designer committed to building tools to document the history of a gaming generation.
- A leader who is a peer to the CEO. You have experience leading product design efforts on a cross-functional team. You’re able to motivate, inspire and influence a team to make the right UX/UI decisions on a day-to-day basis.
- An artist with strong background in product design. You’ve built something awesome and you’re passionate about designing clean & simple UI that will have a positive impact to a generation of gamers.
- Trustworthy: A combination of both character & competency. Investors, customers, and employees all need to have complete trust in you and your ability to design clean & simple user interfaces.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills: You need to be able to work directly with all stakeholders, mentoring junior designers, explaining UI decisions & limitations to the product team, and able to articulate our company mission to all parties.
- Passionate: You care deeply about what we’re building and understand the importance of our mission.
Technical Description & Requirements
- Deep understanding of gaming culture & lifelong gamer
- A wealth of experience designing flows and experiences that are incredibly simple & elegant
- Ability to lead a small team in creating clear product solutions when complex user and business dynamics exist
- Ability to take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our content creators
- Prior experiencing working with analytics and UX research to discover and refine who we’re building for and what their needs are
- Create design scopes, establish timelines, and meet deadlines
- Clearly communicate the strategy and rationale behind your design decisions across to all stakeholders and drive the team to consensus.
- Excellent product sense with prior work on consumer products
- Prior experience with startups, preferably as a founder